Corrosion Engineer Positions in Qatar
- To provide technical support for issues related to material and corrosion control during start up of new company facilities on and offshore and onshore sites.
- To provide technical input to Engineering and Venture projects and make corrosion control and material selection recommendations.
- Review of asset operating philosophies and material selection diagrams to identify corrosion risks and development of integrity operating windows.
- To monitor performance of corrosion control and mitigation programs for onshore and offshore facilities.
- To evaluate effectiveness of pipelines corrosion inhibition programs and make recommendations to management based on findings.
- To develop corrosion descriptions and corrosion loops for Risk Based Inspection programs for existing and new facilities.
- To support the development, implementation and maintenance of corrosion control procedures.
- To provide expert advice and assistance on matters pertaining to corrosion mitigation and monitoring.
B.Sc in Metallurgy or Material Science and Engineering. Post graduate studies in Materials & Corrosion will be an advantage.
10 years' hands-on experience of materials and corrosion, in relevant Process Industries such as Oil & Gas Onshore and Offshore facilities , LNG Plants and Refineries.
The Corrosion Engineer will report to designated person of the Integrity and Reliability Division and work to the instructions given.
Period of work is initially expected to be for 6 months, with the possibility of being extended further.
For more information, please contact